Steps to generate GSTR 9 through Saral GST software
GSTR 9/9A is an annual return to be filed once in a year by the registered taxpayers under GST normal / composition levy scheme, respectively. It consists of details regarding the supplies made and received during the year under different tax heads i.e., CGST, SGST, and IGST. It consolidates the information furnished in the monthly / quarterly returns during the year.
Steps to generate GSTR 9 through Saral GST.
You can either go ahead and read the post or watch the videos in which we have shown how to do the processes.
Now we will see step by step process for above mentioned flow;
Note: GSTR9 / 9A option will be auto shown depending on the type of taxpayer selected in the options setting. If Normal Taxpayer is selected then GSTR9 will be, displayed and if Composition taxpayer is selected then GSTR9A will be displayed.
Entry/Import of Details:
GSTR9 details can be entered in Saral GST in 2 different ways;
- Manual Entry
- Import from GSTR 1/2/2A/3B or Import Auto-calculated Json File (Downloaded from GST Portal)
Manual Entry: Goto GSTR-9. Goto the required category and enter the details in the relevant fields.
After entering the details, click on Save to save the details entered.
Import from GSTR 1/2/3B: Details required for GSTR9 can be imported from GSTR1 / GSTR2 / GSTR2A / GSTR3B if they are available in Saral GST.
If the details are available then goto GSTR9 and click on Get Data. The details can be imported as below;
- Get Current Section Data: On selecting this option, the details from respective GSTRs will be fetched and displayed in the current category which is open for data entry. I.e. If the Category 4 – Details of advances, inward and outward supplies is open, then the required details from GSTR1 & GSTR2A will be fetched and displayed in the screen.
- Get All Section Data: On selecting this option, the details from respective GSTRs for the categories will be fetched and displayed on the screen. This option can be selected from any category and the complete data will be imported.
- Import Auto-calculated Data (Json): On selecting this option, the user can import the Auto-calculated Json file downloaded from the GSTN Portal. On importing this file, the consolidated information across all month filed will be imported to the software for GSTR9/9A filing.
After importing the details, save and continue.
Json File creation:
After the details are entered in the software, create the Json File required to be uploaded at the GSTN Portal.
To create the Json file, click on Upload and select Create Json option
The Json file will be created and made available for upload
Certain options are provided to ease the user working with GSTR9. They are as below;
- Download GSTR1/GSTR2A: If the user doesn’t have the FY 2017-18 data in Saral GST but has filed GSTR1, then the GSTR1, as well as GSTR2A, can be downloaded in bulk for all the months of FY 2017-18 and used for GSTR9 filing.
To download the GSTR1 or/and GSTR2A, goto GSTR9 and click on Download GSTR. Here select the GSTR required for downloading.
Once the details are downloaded to the software, the details will be imported to respective months GSTR1/2A and will be available for GSTR9 input.
- Data Edit: User can be rolled back to the initial value using this option. The original value entered in the field will be saved if any value change has taken place.
This can be viewed by going to the “…” button next to each field.
- Get Data Info: User can know the details of data being imported into the particular screen by clicking on this link.
The post Steps to generate GSTR 9 through Saral GST software appeared first on Saral GST.
Source: GST Updates